Thursday, October 23, 2008

I had a dream.

Well, it wasn't really a dream ... it was while I was dreaming while studying for my Biomedical Instrumentation midterm tomorrow. I was reminiscing about the 2004 Stanley Cup run by the Calgary Flames and how it was literally the best time of my life.

The whole city was united, everyone was having fun, I'm pretty sure crime stopped for a month, the Red Mile, Kipper in his prime, watching the games, eating popsicles ... how I miss it so.

Then I had a vision of this year. Bertuzzi gliding across the ice holding the Stanley Cup over his head, tears running down his cheeks. Jarome Iginla balling like a baby, and I'm joining with him. I'm sitting there crying my eyes out, getting ready to go and celebrate on 17th Ave.

Confetti falls. The crowd rowrs. The conn smythe trophy is taken out and given to Jarome Iginla, he can't stop smiling.

Craig Conroy's ridiculously hot wife comes holding their children and standing with him. The reporter puts the mike to his face:

Reporter: "How do you feel Craig?"

CC: "Absolutely amazing! I can't even describe it to you, this is the best feeling ever! I love the fans. I love Calgary, I am pretty much going to switch citizenship, this is the best city in the world and I could die a happy man"

Reporter: "Thanks Craig, go on and enjoy the celebration"

CC :" Thanks"

*Skates towards the Stanley Cup, the reporter walks toward Todd Bertuzzi*

Reporter: "Well Todd, you've been through your ups and downs, but what are you feeling now?"

Bert: " After the situation with STeve Moore, it was probably my low point, but that is behind me now and I am glad I made the decision to join the Calgary Flames. I'll be back next year for sure to win another"

Reporter: "Thanks Todd, and how about you Dion?"

Phanuef: "...uhh I uhhh feeel ... so ... happy. We ... gave it a 110%, tried our hardest, um the guys all played well ... kipper was solid, I'm still banging Cuthbert, so take that Sean Avery.."

We turn off the TV from Manson's basement. We all go drive to the LRT station. We get off at Victoria Station and join the celebration.

I can see it.

-Hal

No comments:

Post a Comment