Thursday, February 21, 2008

Ovechkin vs. Malkin

Currently Malkin has 83 points and Ovechkin has 78 points, putting them at 1st and 2nd place in the league.



The trophy for the most points is named the Art Ross Trophy. Malkin and Ovechkin were both drafted in the same year of 2004. Malkin can steal some media attention away from Ovechkin and Sidney Crosby, if he finds a way to win the Art Ross Trophy this season.



However, Malkin does not seem very interested in winning the scoring title. Instead, he is more concerned about seeing that his team wins the division:



"I'm not concentrating on that race," Malkin said, with defenceman Sergei Gonchar acting as interpreter. "The most important thing is that the team is playing well.
"We have a good streak going and that's the only thing I'm worried about. The race between me and Ovechkin is not on my mind." -NHL.com



On the otherhand,we have Ovechkin and his 10th place Washington Capitals. Ovechkin was too busy surfing lavalife.com to speak with NHL.com, so i faked the interview for him.



"I'm probably going to win that trophy along with many others," Ovechkins said, without a translator. "The most important thing is ensuring that i have numerous sponsorships in the future. I think the team would really be proud of me if i could win the Art Ross."



At the end of the day, I hope that Ovechkin wins the Art Ross. Just because he is a cocky son of a bitch. There will be one trophy that I can guarantee Ovechkin only win second place. That will be the award for the 'cockiest son of a bitch' in the league. That award has gone to Jeremy Roenick for the past 15 seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment